. . . . . . Committed to Your Success
REALTOR® Political Center
NVAR is continuously advocating on your behalf. Recent successes:
- Defeated sales tax on services.
- Defeated efforts to alter the relationship between you and your client, and allow your client to cancel a sales contract up until closing without paying your commission.
- Defeated efforts to require a secondary pool barrier as a part of point of sale.
- Got rid of the energy audit form and mandatory energy evaluation at point of sale.
In all communities, we are working to:
- Ensure that onerous business licensing fees are defeated.
- Opposing new signage ordinances so as to not restrict your ability to advertise.
- Defeat harmful point of sale requirements.
- Ensure that in certain circumstances property managers are used by lending communities.
Through the NVDataMine, NVAR is working to identify parcels of foreclosed properties across Nevada and keep data records and identifying needs of state and local memberships.
The REALTOR® Protection Trust and the NVRPAC (Nevada REALTOR® Political Action Committee) are continuously working on your behalf.
NVAR offers the Legal Information Line (LIL) for members to have direct toll-free access to a qualified attorney who can provide information regarding real estate law and related manners.
Broker Line 877-503-8507
Agent Line 800-748-6999
Get updates and information from the legal articles and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) written by NVAR attorneys on www.nvar.org.
As NVAR members, you have access to a variety of additional products and services to support you in your business, giving you the “member advantage”. Benefits include ForeclosureRadar, Insurance Benefits, Discount Nation, The Great Moving Adventure, EcoInk, Team Training, and more!
Got Information? NVAR has current, relevant info! www.nvar.org is user friendly and loaded with content including the Annual Report, and the Face of Foreclosure. You get NVAR Online News every Monday in your inbox with Technology Tips, Members in the Spotlight and current news! Join your peers on FB today! www.facebook.com/nevadarealtors
Participate in Tele-town hall meetings on issues impacting you. Receive member alerts and Calls to Action. Get your Legislative Report after the Nevada Legislative session. Read the award winning Face of Foreclosure Report.
Members can apply for the LeadershipNVAR program to develop skills to empower yourself and achieve greater success.